Delicious and creamy- it’s hard to believe there’s no butter in the recipe! Serve as a side dish with tandoori chicken and rice, or on its own served over rice. Leftovers make a wonderful lunch later in the week!
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup milk (or cream)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1) Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to boil over high heat; simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
2) Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent and tender. Stir in curry powder, garam masala, ginger, cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Pour in soup, milk, and chickpeas. Stir in potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes.