With summer upon us (okay, well, ALMOST!) camping is a common activity to partake in. However, what does one think of when camping? Burgers, hotdogs, chips, s’mores… not really the healthiest eating habits!
- 1 cup dates
- 1/3 cup pecans, walnuts, or a combination of
- 1/3 cup coconut
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp wheat germ
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 1 heaping scoop of protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond butter
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend.
- Add 1 tbsp of warm water at a time until desired consistency (it may take 1-3 tbsp – watch it and use your own discretion).
- Form into 1-2 inch balls
- Roll in coconut, cocoa powder, or cinnamon
- Store in a container in the fridge.
*Makes about 20
Serving size: 4 small balls if you roll them into 1 inch size or if you make them bigger (2 inch) – 2 balls per snack.
Nutritional Data (for 20 balls, per ball)