Somewhat a pain to remove the “fruit”, the interesting combination of sweet, tart, and tangy was well worth the effort! Be aware the fruit does contain seeds which are completely edible and add fiber!
- 2 pears – cored, cut into wedges, and sliced
- 1 pomegranate, skin and light-colored membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds (optional)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Combine the lemon juice and all the spices in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Add pear and pomegranate fruit, mix to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour, stirring occasionally to make sure spices coat all the fruit. Right before serving, add almonds, if desired, stir, and seperate into serving dishes; garnish with mint sprig and serve.