Sometimes coming up with a new side dish for the holidays can be tricky. You want it to be a little special that everyone will enjoy! This dish is great as it has cheese in it- and we all know that cheese makes everything taste better!
- 8 cups green beans, cut
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low fat swiss cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup Corn Flakes, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Cook green beans in boiling water 3-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, sautee mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, onion, and pepper and stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Greek yogurt and worchestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and beans until blended.
- Transfer to a 11X7″ baking dish that’s been coated with non-stick spray- dish will be full. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over top. Bake in preheated 400′ oven, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories 144
- Fat 7 g
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 9 g