Keeping with the holiday season, I decided to post a more festive dessert! Can be made ahead of time and baked before a party so they can be served warm, or have them as a treat for Christmas morning- this is a delicious treat without all the fat! Just be aware of the sugar! Minimal was added as there’s enough in the fruit themselves, but still not my typical “clean” recipe… but still cleaner than most dessert options out there!
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Bosc Pear, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 Gala Apple, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 Tsp Sucanat
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Raisens
- 1/4 Cup Pecans pieces
1) When preparing apple and pear, after coring, slice across so pieces are about 1/2″- don’t slice lengthwise otherwise they will be difficult to fold. Once sliced, keep in water filled bowl to prevent browning from oxygen.
2) In stir fry pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Drain apple and pear, adding to oil and stirring to coat. Heat will release the fruits’ juices, but it will be evaporated. Add sucanat, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and raisins. Stir to coat and stir regularly to prevent burning.
3) Once sugar dissolves and becomes tacky, add pecans, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
4) To make samosa’s, take one sheet of phyllo pastry, mist with non-stick spray and fold in thirds length wise so you have a long narrow pastry sheet. Add a few spoonfuls (about 1/4 cup) of the apple pear mixture at one end. Fold bottom edge to meet the side edge, forming a triangle containing the mixture. Continue folding the triangle along the sheet until you reach the other end. Mist the loose end with the spray and fold across, sealing the samosa. Place the seam side down on a foil covered baking sheet.
5) Continue until the rest of the filling is used. Mist tops with non stick spray and bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Nutritional information per samosa
Calories 175; Fat 5; Carbohydrates 28; Fiber 3; Sugar 3; Protein 3.5
- 1/3 Cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Mix all ingredients together and serve on the side.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 22; Fat 0; Carbohydrates 8; Sugar 7; Protein 1