This website I found for Paleo recipes is awesome! There’s some great stuff there- but even I was sceptical on how hummus could be made with cauliflower and still taste like hummus!
I was pleasantly suprised! And this makes me happy! “Going Paleo” is simple enough- stick to meat and veggies! That can get pretty boring pretty quick… I should know as that’s pretty much what I do during contest prep! So this website is nice as it gives me variations and options… plus “baked goods” for when I want a treat!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-1/2″ florets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini (may be found in many middle eastern markets or at Whole Foods)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced into a paste
- juice of 1 lemon (I actually forgot this!)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake until cauliflower is browned and tender, 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice and roasted cauliflower in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms (add additional olive oil if desired).
- Season with sea salt (if desired) and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Serve warm or cold with assorted vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL INFO Per Serving:
- Calories 265
- Fat 23 g
- Carbs 12 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Sugar 3 g
- Protein 7 g