Nothing beats starting a Saturday morning than with wholesome, filling pancakes!
The original recipe was for waffles, but after an unfortunate incident involving my waffle maker, it made me less than keen on using it! So I adjusted the recipe by adding more liquid and made pancakes instead!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4+ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ cups whole grain flour (or almond flour)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ apple, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Add apples and coconut and mix to combine. Add more milk until achieve desired consistency.
- Spoon onto hot girdle and cook until edges are firm and bubbles form on surface. Flip and cook on other side.
- Top with fresh fruit and pure maple syrup if desired.
If you use the almond flour, add 1 tbsp arrowroot powder as the flour doesn’t have the gluten to help bind.