So, I’ve fallen in love with chia… with all the wonderful properties, it’s a fantastic addition to any diet! And it makes for a fantastic, guilt free dessert with LOTS of variations!
Today I had an idea (well… yesterday- I just got around to making it today!) for using up some left over pineapple and juice. Why not make a tropical chia pudding… kinda like, you guessed it… a pina colada!
Can you say YUM?!
So… there’s no pics… as we ate it all… and though the recipe should have been 4 servings (2 each) we finished it in one sit down… it’s a good thing it’s a “guilt-free” dessert… casue it IS just that good!
- 1 Can (Thai Kitchen) Lite Coconut Milk… this is just over 1 1/2 cups
- Top up with reserve pineapple juice to make 2 cups liquid
- 1/2 can pineapple tidbits
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- Place coconut milk, pineapple and juice in blender. Blend until very smooth. Add chia seeds and pulse until mixed will.
- Seperate into 2-4 dishes. Allow to chill minimum 2 hours.
I used the remainder of the pineapple tidbits after making ham and pineapple pizza the night before. You can use the full can (of each) but the amount of chia seeds used would have to be adjusted accordingly. Even with the measurements above, another Tbsp would have been better to make it more thick.
1 Cup fluid = 3 Tbsp chia… and a little trial and error!