I’ve never (EVER!) been one for coleslaw… but when I saw this recipe, I couldn’t help but think it sounded amazing! Since I needed to go to the grocery store that morning, I picked up the ingredients I needed- shockingly, I had quite a few of them!
Have a look at the original recipe- it’s beautifully photographed with virtually step-by-step pics! I did make a few changes to the recipe (which are noted below) namely in the type of oil and I used tahini paste instead of peanut butter- which I refuse to keep in the house!
Servings: 6 as a side dish
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener to make it Vegan)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Braggs soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
For the Slaw
- 4 cups prepared shredded coleslaw
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (or you can leave them whole)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the tahini paste is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Let sit at least ten minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (I usually add a bit more salt.) Serve cold.
Nutritional Value per serving:
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Protein: 5 g